- Traidhos Camp works with international and bilingual staff from the Traidhos Barge and Visiting School Programs, and enthusiastic university counselors.
- All staff love being with students, have experience in facilitating activities in Thailand and caring for summer campers. They are passionate about building camp community, making sure campers have a memorable time and in developing the skills of a global citizen.
- Staff are trained in first aid and are aware of site risk assessments to keep children safe. Everyone has had a criminal background check.
- Encouraging and nurturing new interests in young people enabling them to grow towards their full potential as happy, global citizens.
- Traidhos Three Generation Community for Learning's carefully planned and facilitated camp programs allow campers to develop in a safe environment. Living in a caring community promoting cooperation and fun, students grow in self-confidence and independence whilst exploring new life-long skills and interests. Camp programs expose campers to global issues at a personal level.
EveEve moved to Chiang Mai five years ago, in order to study at Maejo University, In 2016 she graduated with a degree in English (major) with Chinese (minor). During her university life, she took advantage of the opportunity to study in Taiwan as an exchange student. Now she speaks three languages Thai, English and Mandarin and enjoys using all languages with our campers.
Eve joined Traidhos Camps as an intern and then as a part-time staff while completing her studies. Now, she is one of our full-time camp facilitators.
Eve has trained in emergency first aid and about environmental study techniques. She enjoys spending time participating in outdoor activities.
Gijs de JongAlthough born in The Caribbean, Gijs grew up in diverse cultures. By the age of 18 Gijs had lived in 15 different countries over 4 different continents where he eventually settled in the United Kingdom for university.
Gijs has both a Foundation degree in Outdoor Education, as well as a Bachelors of Arts, majoring in Outdoor Education both from the University of Cumbria.
Gijs has facilitated outdoor learning experiences with different age groups ranging from 3 to 30 year olds in various different countries. His experience includes facilitating camps and school programs in Vietnam and UK; leading overseas expeditions in Peru and working as a free lance sea kayak guide on the island of Aruba (the Caribbean). Gijs has also spent time working in a primary school as a teaching assistant, and has experience in designing expeditions in Romania and the UK.
One of Gijs’ most notable achievements was working with the Ministry of Education in Vietnam to encourage more experiential learning in the national curriculum.
Gijs enjoys trail running, tennis, canoing, mountainbiking, and drinking coffee.
Haaniah AkhtarSince leaving London for Singapore in 2014 as part of her university degree, Haaniah has fully immersed herself in South East Asian culture. Having graduated with a Geography degree from Kings College London, Haaniah moved to Hanoi, where she took up various positions teaching English and Art as well as contributing to environmental NGO Green ID.
At Green ID Haaniah conducted research on “green transport solutions for the rural poor in the Mekong Delta” and dedicated an art project to her experiences with Hanoi’s traffic pollution.
Haaniah was a Recycling Advisor for Keep Britain Tidy and has delivered resident engagement campaigns for the UK’s Recycle Week. She has also volunteered as a Youth Catalyst on behalf of the UK Youth Coalition of Climate Change. She designed campaign strategies with her local MP and activists across the UK to tackle the issue of climate change. She has also completed the Global Action Plan Training Programme on inspiring behavioural change.
Haaniah enjoys writing, creating artwork and running outdoors.
Winter Camp Staff
During the busy New Year Winter Period, Traidhos Camp is pleased to be joined by these enthusiastic educators from the UK.
Summer Camp Staff 2018
Some of the Camp Counsellors during the Summer 2018 season